(1) Who was the American founder and leader of the Shakers in the 1770’s who advocated equality, individual responsibility and peace?
(2) What woman ran for president on the National Equal Rights Party, receiving 4,149 votes in 6 states in 1884?
(3) Who was the first woman to win an unshared Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 1983 for her discovery that genes can change positions on the chromosome?
(4) Who led the fight to integrate military nursing services in WW II and then achieved the integration of the American Nurses Association in 1948?
(5) Who was the U.S. president’s wife who saved historic paintings when the British army burned the White House in 1814?
(6) Who is the first American woman to win the Nobel Prize in physics in 1963 after she discovered the structure of atoms?
(7) Who is the longest-serving female U.S. senator, elected in 1986?
(8) Who was the astronomer who discovered a comet, named for her, on October 1, 1847, and who was the first woman elected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1850), and the first professor of astronomy at Vassar College?
(9) Who was first black woman lawyer in the United States and the first woman admitted to District of Columbia bar in 1872?
(10) What woman met Elizabeth Cady Stanton at the International Anti-Slavery Convention in London in 1840 and worked with her for women’s equality for the next half century?
(1) Ann Lee (2) Belva Lockwood (3) Barbara McClintock (4) Mabel Staupers (5) Dolley Madison (6) Maria Goeppert Mayer (7) Barbara Mikulski (8) Maria Mitchell (9) Charlotte Ray (10) Lucretia Mott