1) Shantilal Parmar spotted Nitin Shah, who worked for a petrol station, and made him a commissioned agent selling jeans, Parmar taught Nitin about the jeanswear business. After this, Nitin envisioned a denim empire and commissioned the help of his brothers Arun and Milan Shah. Identify the denim brand from the above story.
2) This term was used by the Romans to refer to the Roman province covering much of the island of Great Britain. The name itself derives from Diodorus’s rendering of the indigenous name for the Pretani people whom the Greeks believed to inhabit the British Isles. How do we know this term in the world of business?
3) What was created in Paris on 21 July 1883 by a group of eminent men, including the scientist Louis Pasteur, the diplomat Ferdinand de Lesseps, the writers Jules Verne and Ernest Renan, and the publisher Armand Colin?
4) Name the brand that derives its name from the document issued to people claiming unemployment benefit from the UK government’s Department of Health and Social Security (DHSS) at the time of the brand’s formation.
5) Martin Rapaport’s impact within this industry is largely controversial because his commercial price guides have made manipulation of prices much more difficult for the industry, and are considered a step toward commoditizing the industry. Which industry?
6) Name the cosmetics brand owned by L’Oreal that began in 1935, when its founder. Armand Petitjean was exploring the ruins of a castle while vacationing in the French countryside. Petitjean’s inspiration for the company’s symbol, a golden rose, were the many wild roses growing around the castle.
7) This brand is an all-Australian phenomenon, even though as a company it has been owned by British giant Reckitt & Colman since the late 1960s. It is said that J. Hagemann who invented this brand as an insecticidal powder in the 1870s himself came up with this name, with a little help from his French wife. Which brand?
8) Which business group through its sports arm has acquired 50 % stake in the IPL franchisee Delhi Daredevils from GMR Group?
9) Under what brand name has Bisleri International launched a mango drink in direct competition with Parle Agro’s Frooti?
10) Name the product of this logo.
(1) Pepe Jeans (2) Britannia (3) Alliance francaise (4) UB40 (5) Diamond Industry (6) Lancome (7) Mortein; the famous name is a combination of the French word ‘mort’ (dead) and the German ‘ein’ (one) (8) JSW Group ( Sajjan Jindal) (9) Fonzo (10) Prickly Heat, cooling powder, Singapore