Terminology is a discipline that systematically studies the “labelling or designating of concepts” particular to one or more subject fields or domains of human activity. Word acronym is often used to refer to any abbreviation formed from initial letters
1) What is the acronym by which we know the Committee for the re-election of the President established in the United States at the time of the Watergate scandal?
2) What is the term used to describe kids who grow up for away from human civilization in the jungles, in the midst of nature?
3) What is the expansion of R.I.P., a Latin word meaning ‘may they/he/she rest in peace’?
4) Who was the first to use the idiom every cloud has a silver lining?
5) What is the origin of the word flak that was used to describe anti-craft fire?
6) What it the origin of the word aficionado, meaning ardent devotee or enthusiast?
7) When colts or horses are ‘gelded’ what is done to them?
8) The fear of which animal is referred to variously as Elurophobia, Ailurophobia, Gatophobia and Galeophobia?
9) What is the small, hi-fi (high-fidelity) speaker used for reproducing high frequency sounds?
10) What is the term used to describe cattle that have no horns?
11) If porcine is to pigs, to which species of creature does ursine refer to?
12) What is the word used to denote a period of 15 decades?
(1) CREEP (2) Feral children (3) requiescat in pace (4) John Milton, the English poet in 1634 (5) From the German word fliegerabwehrkanone, for anti-aircraft gun (6) It derives from Spanish and originally meant to denote a person devoted to bullfighting (7) Their testicles are surgically removed. This is commonly done to colts that do not have any stud value or when they get too frisky (8) The fear of cats (9) Tweeter (10) Polled cattle (11) Bears (12) Sesquicentennial