1) Name the bank that became the first bank in the world to offer an overdraft facility in 1728.
2) Which bank was founded by the family of Devkaran Nanjee under the name Devkaran Nanjee Banking Company Ltd.?
3) The Capital and Counties Bank, founded in 1834, and 473 branches when it merged with Lloyds Bank Ltd in 1918. Name the author who was a customer of a branch of the bank located at Oxford Street and also mentions the branch as a banker to the central character of his books.
4) The sculptures of Yaksha and Yakshini flank the entrance of the New Delhi Office of the Reserve Bank of India. The sculptures were executed by which Indian artist?
5) Name the bank that was founded in 1906 in the Temple Town of Udupi, by a small group of philanthropists led by Khan Bahadur Haji Abdulla Haji Kasim Saheb Bahadur because of the absence of such a facility in Udupi.
6) This bank owes its origin to the business communities of the China coast in the 1860s. At that time, the finance of trade in the region was not well developed and most transactions were still handled by the European trading houses, or hongs, rather than by professional banks. By the early 1860s, local businessman needed larger and more sophisticated facilities. The founding of the bank by Thomas Sutherland in 1865 answered this need. Identify the bank.
7) He describes the depository bank of Zurich as a twenty-four hour Geldschrank bank at 24 Rue Haxo in Paris, offering the full modern array of anonymous services in the tradition of the Swiss numbered account. Who is he?
8) What was established on 1 April 1935 on the recommendations of the Hilton Young Commission?
9) Name the bank that was registered on 11 November 1919 as a limited company in Mumbai and was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi.
10) Who began his financial career with the stock broking firm Harkisandass Lukhmidass and subsequently joined ICICI and was its chairman until his retirement in 1972?
(1) Royal Bank of Scotland (2) Dena Bank (3) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (4) Ramkinkar Baij (5) Corporation Bank (6) HSBC (7) Dan Brown (8) RBI (9) Union Bank of India (10) Hasmukhbhai Parekh