1) Which brand was founded in 1973 by Gordon and Rena Merchant and takes its name from the same word meaning a stagnant body of water attached to a waterway?
2) Sir Isaac Pitman developed the most widely used system of shorthand, known now as Pitman shorthand. He first proposed this in Stenographic Soundhand in 1837. It was followed in 1840 by ‘Phonography’ that is often referred to as the Penny Plate. What is the claim to fame of this publication?
3) Which city’s name literally translate to merchants’ harbor?
4) What is meant by the term ‘Wrap rage’?
5) Whose book ‘Poverty and Un-British Rule in India’ brought attention to the draining of India’s wealth into Britain?
6) Which company is going to take over the 21st Century Fox division of Rupert Murdoch’s media empire?
7) Which country/state has announced a ” State Minister for Artificial Intelligence” , a first position of its kind?
8) Which sportswear has announced mass manufacture of sports shoes using 3 D printing?
9) Who endorsed the shaving product ‘Erasmic’, a brand owned by Hindustan Lever Limited, in 1970s?
10) Do you know this logo?
(1) Billabong (2) First ever correspondence course (3) Copenhagen (4) Wrap rage, also called package rage, is the common name for heightened levels of anger and frustration resulting from the inability to open hard-to-remove packaging, particularly some heat sealed plastic blister packs and clamshells (5) Dadabhai Naoroji (6) Disney (7) UAE, Omar Bin Sultan Olama is the first such Minister (8) Adidas (9) Tony Creig (10) Cigna Health Insurance company