1) Hardit Singh Malik was the first Indian to fly in the British Royal Air Force and credited with 2 kills. He wore a specially designed helmet that fitted over his turban. Malik was a first class cricketer for Sussex and a golfer for Oxford. He is being honoured with a statue in Britain. He became India’s first High Commissioner to-
2) Easter eggs were usually used as gifts on the occasion of Easter. The oldest tradition is to use dye and paint chicken eggs. The custom of the Easter egg originated in the early Christian community of Mesopotamia, who gave a particular color to the eggs. What was the color?
3) Cho Ramaswamy was a comedian and a political satirist who criticized all political parties without exception. He was persuaded to enter the film world by Sivaji Ganesan. He was instrumental in Jayalalitha entering politics. Which of the following statements about him is not true?
(a)He was a doctor by training (b) He was awarded the Padma Bhushan (c) He founded a Tamil Magazine Thuglak (d) He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha in 1999
4) Baba Amte was an Indian social worker known for his work for the rehabilitation of people suffering from leprosy. His son Prakash Amte and daughter-in-law Mandakani, both of whom are Doctors, continue the tradition of social work. Which is the award that all three have won?
5) It is a 2021 film is based on life and struggle of Lal Bihari, a farmer from the small village of Amilo Mubarakpur, who was declared dead on official paper. Name it.
6) She is an Indian swimmer best known for her long-distance swimming feats. In 2005 she became the first woman to have swim across sea channels of five continents. She swam the English Channels twice. Name this Arjuna Award winner who was elected MLA in 2006?
(1) Canada (2) Red (3) He was a doctor by training (4) Ramon Magsasay Award (5) Kaagaz (6) Bula Chowdhury