1) Distinctive fossils used to determine the relative age of rocks are —- fossils.
2) Wood that has fossilized and turned to stone has been …
3) The study of extinct animals is paleozoology. The study of extinct plants is …
4) Paleontologists found fossils of Pithecanthropus, otherwise known as Java man, on an island belonging to what country?
5) In 1987, paleontologists traveled to Vietnam to investigate fossils of a nine-foot-tall ape. This led to speculation that this creature might be related to which legendary creature of the Himalayas?
6) You find the fossil of an early reptile in a stratum. Below this stratum you would mostly likely find the fossil of a …
Ans- Lobefinned fish
7) Which gorge in Tanzania is famous for the fossils found there by Louis, Mary, and Richard Leakey?
8) Name the processes of fossilization?
9) Lystrosaurus was a small, dog-like reptile which lived 200 million years ago. What theory explains how its fossils are in Africa, South America, and Antarctica?
Ans-Continental drift (plate tectonics)
10) Fossil evidence suggests that life forms have been on Earth for…
Ans-Over 2 billion years
11) Name the two massive creatures of the Pleistocene Epoch which resembled modern elephants.
12) Name this ancestor bird which is kind of modern day animals.
13) Name this extinct but ubiquitous marine invertebrate of the Cambrian Period has a name that literally means “three-lobed”.