The cinema of India consists of films produced in the nation of India. Cinema is immensely popular in India, with as many as 1,600 films produced in various languages every year. Indian cinema produces more films watched by more people than any other country; in 2011, over 3.5 billion tickets were sold across India, 900,000 (0.03%) more than Hollywood. Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Kochi, Bangalore and Hyderabad are the major centres of film production in India.
1) With which Punjabi film did Mohammed Rafi make his debut as a singer?
(a) Morni (b) Gul Baloch (c) Do Sher (d) Maa Da Laadla
2) Which is the first Bhojpuri feature film?
(a) Ganga Maiyya Tohe Piyari Chadhaibo (b) Bidesiya (c) Amar Suhagin (d) Ram Ram Gangaram
3) Which Assamese director wrote the screenplay of the film Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara?
(a) Dr. Bhabendranath Saikia (b) Nipon Goswami (c) Jahnu Barua (d) Jatin Bora
4) Which is the only film in Sambalpuri, a dialect of western Orissa?
(a) Bhukha (b) Sita Bibaha (c) Amari Gann Jhia (d) Jayadeb
5) Which was the first Manipuri film to be awarded the National Award for Best Film in 1981?
(a) Saphabee (b) Langlen Thadoi (c) Leipaklei (d) Imagi Ningthem
6) Who acted in a mythological role as a Lord Krishna for the first time in Maya Bazaar?
(a) Koccharlakota Satyanarayana (b) N T Rama Rao (c) Vemuri Gaggaiah (d) Haranath
7) Which famous political leader wrote more than seventy screenplays, including Rajakumari, Abhimanyu, Mandiri Kumari, Marutha Naattu Ilavarasi, Manamagan and Devaki?
(a) M Karunanidhi (b) Ramakrishna Ranga Rao (c) C. N. Annadurai (d) M. G. Ramachandran
8) How do we know the actress Begum Mumtaz Jehan Dehlavi better?
(a) Nargis (b) Meena Kumari (c) Madhubala (d) Mumtaz
9) Which is the first full-length Indian movie to be shown in the auditorium of the UN?
(a) Highway (b) Risk (c) Lagaan (d) Lage Raho Munnabhai
10) Which lyricist was chosen for the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for 2005?
(a) Javed Akhtar (b) Maya Govind (c) Sameer (d) Anjaan
1-b, 2-d, 3-c, 4-a, 5-d, 6-b, 7-a, 8-c, 9-d, 10-a