1) Where were the first Olympic Games held in 776 B.C.?
(a) Olympus (b) Athens (c) Olympia (d) Crete
2) In 1892 who proposed the idea of the revival of the Olympic Games and was instrumental in organizing the same in 1896 at Athens?
(a) Baron Pierre de Coubertin (b) Avery Brundage (c) Georgios Averoff (d) Theodore Roosevelt
3) Who designed the Olympic Flag in 1914?
(a) Avery Brundage (b) Baron Pierre de Coubertin (c) Spirou Samara (d) Costis Palamas
4) Devised by a French educationist Father Henri Didon, the Olympic motto in Latin is ‘Citius, Altius, Fortius’. What does it mean?
(a) Faster, Higher, Stronger (b) Higher, Faster, Braver (c) Stronger, Higher, Faster (d) Faster, Stronger, Higher
5) At which Olympics was the Olympic torch first lit?
(a) 1912, Stockholm (b) 1920, Antwerp, (c) 1924, Paris (d) 1928, Amsterdam
6) At which Summer Olympic Games was the Torch Relay first introduced?
(a) Berlin, 1936 (b) London, 1948 (c) Helsinki, 1952 (d) Melbourne, 1956
7) In 1920, which Olympics the first Olympic Flag was hoisted?
(a) London (b) Los Angeles (c) Antwerp (d) Berlin
8) What symbolizes the gesture of sportsmanship in the Olympics?
(a) Olympic Creed (b) Olympic Mascot (c) Olympic Oath (d) Olympic Hymn
9) The mascots of Olympic Games are selected by the host country. At which Olympics was the mascot introduced for the first time and what was its name?
(a) Waldi (Dachshund), 1972 (b) Cobi (Dog), 1976 (c) Amit (Beever), 1980 (d) Sam (Eagle), 1984
10) Where were the Olympic Games shown on television for the first time?
(a) 1932, Los Angeles (b) 1936, Berlin (c) 1952, Helsinki (d) 1956, Melbourne
1-c, 2-a, 3-b, 4-a, 5-d, 6-a, 7-c, 8-c, 9-a, 10-b