The Ramayana is one of the largest ancient epics in world literature. It consists of nearly 24,000 verses (mostly set in the Shloka/Anustubh meter), divided into seven Khandas (adi kanda, ayodhya kanda, aranya kanda, kishkindhya kanda, sundara kanda, lanka kanda and uttara kanda) and about 500 sargas (chapters).
1) Which god asked Sage Valmiki to write the Ramayana?
(a) Vishnu (b) Shiva (c) Brahma (d) Indra
2) How many kandas or sections is the Ramayana divided into?
(a) 4 (b) 5 (c) 6 (d) 7
3) Who was the paternal grandfather of Rama?
(a) Aja (b) Rja (c) Kja (d) Chand
4) Which king’s original name was Siradhwaja?
(a) Dasharatha (b) Janaka (c) Aja (c) Ravana
5) Which queen of Dasharatha helped him during a battle with the sambaras?
(a) Sumitra (b) Manthara (c) Kaikeyi (d) Shanta
6) For being able to drive his chariot in ten directions at the same time, who gave the name Dasharatha to Nemi?
(a) Brahma (b) Vishnu (c) Shiva (d) Narad
7) Srutakriti was the wife of which son of Dasharatha?
(a) Rama (b) Lakshmana (c) Bharata (d) Shatrughna
8) Who gave the chameleon the ability to change its colour?
(a) Ravana (b) Vibhishana (c) Kubera (d) Narkasura
9) Along the banks of which river is Panchavati located?
(a) Ganga (b) Sarayu (c) Narmada (d) Godavari
10) Who used his Vajrayudha in order to prevent Hanuman from eating the Sun?
(a) Indra (b) Brahma (c) Vishnu (d) Narad
1-c, 2-d, 3-a, 4-b, 5-c, 6-a, 7-d, 8-c, 9-d, 10-a