Louis Braille was a French educator and inventor of a system of reading and writing for use by the blind or visually impaired. His system remains virtually unchanged to this day, and is known worldwide simply as braille. This great man was born on 04th January.
1) Before blind which industry Louis Braille liked very much and helped his father?
2) What caused Louis Braille’s blindness?
3) How was Louis Braille educated?
4) Who provided the inspiration for Louis Braille’s invention of a method of reading and writing for the blind?
5) In which year Louis Braille was invented the Braille Script at the age of 16?
6) Who said “We the blind are as indebted to Louis Braille as mankind is to Gutenberg.”?
7) Which one of the following instruments did Louis Braille NOT play? (Cello / Organ / Piano / Harpsichord)
8) Louis Braille also invented raphigraphy. What is it?
9) After his death a small wooden box was found on which was written, “To be burned without opening?” Nevertheless, the box was opened. What did it contain?
10) In 2009, which country was released the postal stamp in honour of Louis Braille?
(1) Tannery Industry (2) Accidental injury by a sharp object (3) He attended a school for the blind (4) Charles Barbier (5) 1825 (6) Helen Keller (7) Harpsichord (8) A way for blind people to write letters to sighted people (9) A collection of IOUs (10) India